Thursday, July 14, 2011

Boston Creme..

This week has been a quiet week in my kitchen. After last week's graduation cake, I decided to take a few days off and enjoy the summer with the kids. But by Wednesday, I was ready to get back in the kitchen and create something.. I have always wanted to make a Boston Creme Pie - two layers of vanilla cake sandwiching a layer of custard and topped with chocolate ganache.... Sounds heavenly. When I have donut, which is quite rare, I opt for the Boston Creme as well. I wanted single serve portions so I decided to make Boston Creme Cupcakes..


I thought a banana custard would work nicely with the chocolate ganache instead of the usual vanilla custard. I managed to make a custard from real bananas rather than banana flavoring and it was the perfect little surprise inside this delicious cupcake.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment