Saturday, May 5, 2012

Miniature Cakes

I draw inspiration from everything around me. This week it came to me at the grocery store. Embarking on my weekly shoppping trip, I came across miniature tiered cakes - small enough to fit in the palm of my hand. They were little jewels of celebration - what a great idea!
Who doesn't like miniature things? I have to say I am a sucker for them. This cake would feed up to 4 partygoers - a perfect size for a small family or a small group of friends. They could even be a unique and special wedding favor. After seeing this, I had to try to make one myself. The top tier was only 3" and the bottom was a whopping 4". I used leftover ingredients from my celebration cakes from last week and voila... Good things do come in small packages..





No comments:

Post a Comment